Friday

Spotlight, Excerpt & 10 Things: Riveted (Art of Eros #1) by Kenzie Macallan




Book Blurb & Info

Riveted
by Kenzie Macallan

Series: Art of Eros #1
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Release Date: April 22nd, 2016
Publisher: Indie Published
Format: Paperback and Digital
Digital ISBN: 978-0-9973492-0-7


For years Marabella built a wall to protect herself from the pain. She has a secret about her dead husband that she would prefer not to share. Mac has his own secret but wants to know everything about her. As they play in paradise, someone is watching and waiting. Can Mac get to Marabella before her past catches up with her?

Preorder Here: Amazon | Kobo

Book Excerpt

She had affected him on every level, in every way, with her words, smile and body. He couldn't stay still, torn between keeping his distance and wanting to show her exactly how he wanted her. He didn't do dating. No strings attached, friends with benefits, always the safest bet. Obviously, Marabella wasn't that type of woman and his pull toward her scared the hell out of him. All bets were off.


Top 10 things readers don’t know about you and Riveted.


10. I have many degrees including fine arts and psychology. I have never worked in the field of fine art but I love photography and paint portraits in oil.

9. I love dogs, especially big, goofy and high-energy dogs.

8. I have 2 dogs that were both rescues…the best dogs on the planet! They are both mixes. One is Doberman/pit and the other is lab/pit. The pit bull is the best part of both of them. One of my favorite authors, Karina Halle, writes about how pit bulls are treated in the UK in her book “The Play”. It was an eye opener.

7. I’m a fitness fanatic. I’m always looking for something new to challenge me.

6. Therefore, I love Bob Harper, as I have almost all his fitness DVDs. He knows how to push me and his DVDs are not for sissies. He has a great sense of humor, which is necessary when you’re trying to kill someone through fitness training. (Just kidding;)) He’s a real motivator for me.

5. Riveted was a labor of love, hate, love, hate….love. J When you write a book, you go through your ups and downs. Sometimes you feel like you have read it one too many times. You become blurry eyed and down, convinced it sucks. Then you read the next page or chapter and think, “Did I have a stroke of genius?” or “Am I delusional?” In the end, it was all worth it. I wrote what was in my heart.

4. I thought about writing a book a full year before I actually started writing. I read many different kinds of romance books from BDSM to contemporary. I really liked many elements in all of them. I used some of those elements in my book.

3. My favorite way to relax is Macallan 12 year, after dinner in a hot tub. I haven’t tried the older Macallan, mostly because I can’t afford it. J But there is nothing like it. Mac, the lead male character, loves Talisker. Not for me. It’s got a stinging after bite like no other.

2. I love to travel and have been to many countries in Europe and Africa. One of my favorite cities is Paris. That would be me and millions of other people. I wish I spoke better French; it always helps with the Parisians. I have been to the England, Scotland, Italy, and Switzerland. I have lived in West Africa and Athens, Greece. Moving around the world at a young age had its down side but I wouldn’t trade it for anything. Those experiences made me crave change and embrace new experiences.

1. I woke up one morning and had the entire “Art of Eros Series” in my head along with Mara, Leigha, and Raquelle. Mac came a little later. ;) The characters tapped me on the shoulder and said, “We’re here, now write about us!” I got to my keyboard and started typing. Mac muscled his way in mostly because he wanted Mara all to himself. Creating three very distinct women wasn’t difficult when you have them looking over your shoulder everyday.

Author Info


I live in the Northeast with my two dogs who keep me very busy. As a child I traveled around the world to places like Africa, Greece, Italy, France, Holland and England. My favorite country is Scotland and hope to go back someday. I love to take photos of flowers and paint portraits, mostly of children. When I'm not writing, I'm reading all kinds of romance novels.

Connect with Kenzie: Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads






No comments:

Post a Comment