Sunday

Review: Pucked Up (Pucked #2) by Helena Hunting




Pucked Up Pucked Up by Helena Hunting
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Just like the title, this book was Pucked Up for me. I just couldn't connect with the characters and it seemed like the same Schtick over and over. Hero has a manwhore past, female is sweet innocent yoga lovin' vegan. Manwhore decides to reform to get the unobtainable girl but is found in compromising positions time and time again but he's innocent and it's everyone else's fault even if he is a dumbshit and puts himself in these situations because "they're fans". Heroine continually jumps to conclusions and has absolutely no trust. I honestly could not feel any chemistry between these two and the fact that heroine come off as "holier then thou". After 20% in, I wanted the hero to leave her butt behind and find someone else, anyone else.
Another sticking point for me was the brother/sister relationship. They were a bit skewed to me, often boardering on taboo. I mean did she need to know about her brother's "monster cock" and why was he always jumping to his sisters defense more then even the brothers partner. I don't know, I loved the first book and the second just fell flat for me. 2 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment