Sunday

Review: Bright Blaze of Magic (Black Blade #3) by Jennifer Estep



Book Blurb

Bad Things Always Come In Threes…

As a thief, I'm good at three things: hiding in the shadows, getting in and out unseen, and uncovering secrets. I put these skills to work for the Sinclair Family, one of the magical mobs that run the tourist town of Cloudburst Falls.

Everyone knows Victor Draconi wants to take over all the other Families--and kill every last Sinclair. What they don't know is that I'm on to him, and no way will I let the man who murdered my mom get away with hurting all the other people I care about. Especially when I've got places to break into, stuff to steal, and Devon Sinclair fighting right by my side…


Buy Links

Toot's Review by Stacy Sabala

Lila Merriweather still works for the Sinclair family.  She, Devon and Felix have been sneaking into the Draconi compound every night for two weeks with Deah’s help.  Victor obviously has a plan to destroy the other families.  Lila is helping Claudia prevent that from happening.  Lila doesn’t trust Victor.  She has a bad feeling that she can’t shake.
When the night of the families’ big dinner together arrives something is off.  Lila can feel it.  Victor follows through with his threat.  He is determined to be the only family left to rule the town.  His first target is Claudia and the Sinclair family.  Lila, Devon and Felix have to save the leaders of the family before it is too late.  Lila refuses to lose any more of the people she loves.

I like Lila as a character.  I read the previous book of the series and was happy with my introduction to the Sinclair family.  Lila is a bodyguard and her story is very interesting.  The fact that she is a thief and very good at it is amusing.  She has been accepted by Claudia and given tremendous responsibility.  She is smart and cunning.  Everything I like in a lead character.  She gets herself out of jams along with others by using her head and playing by the rules when it comes to the monsters.  She takes the time to consider others which is a great quality.  The plot was full of suspense and bloodshed.  It isn’t detailed but the reader understands what has occurred.  There are a few surprises thrown in that keep the story exciting and the reader on their toes.  The love story between Lila and Devon is sweet.  It was my favorite thing in the whole book.  I give it a 4 out of 5.




No comments:

Post a Comment