Saturday

Review: Dragonbane (Dark-Hunter #25) by Sherrilyn Kenyon



Book Blurb

Out of all the mysterious boarders who call Sanctuary home, no one is more antisocial or withdrawn than Maxis Drago. But then, it’s hard to blend in with the modern world when you have a fifty foot wingspan.

Centuries ago, he was cursed by an enemy who swore to see him fall. An enemy who took everything from him and left him forever secluded.

But Fate is a bitch, with a wicked sense of humor. And when she throws old enemies together and threatens the wife he thought had died centuries ago, he comes back with a vengeance. Modern day New Orleans has become a battleground for the oldest of evils. And two dragons will hold the line, or go down in flames.

Buy Links

Toot's Review by Stacy Sabala

Maxis has been living in the attic of Sanctuary for years.  He never leaves the building.  Not much is known about him.  His brother Illarion has just been freed after centuries of being trapped.  No one knows who he really is or what his past includes.  When a group of Amazons appear in Sanctuary the occupants prepare to fight until Seraphina intervenes.  Max is shocked to see her and feels his hatred for her.
Yet surprisingly she doesn’t point him out to her tribe.  She remains behind to ask for his help.  He refuses to even talk to her until she pleads with him.  His mate gives him shocking news that forces his hand.
Her tribe has partnered with the Gallu demons and they want him turned over.  She refuses to do that to him again and believes there has to be better way to save those they love.
Max is determined to protect what is his to protect.  The sides are chosen, Sanctuary is placed right in the middle.  Max and Sera have to fight for their lives and their love.  Max’s true identity comes to light and what it is believed he has done.  He is being hunted by the demons, the amazons and the Omegrion.
I love this series and this author.  I have read every book so far.  I put off reading about Max because I wasn’t ready to learn his story yet.  I liked the mystery that surrounded him.  He has been one of my favorites.
So when I dove into the storyline I absolutely hated Sera for what she had done.  In fact her ever present fear annoyed me.  She was an Amazon warrior for Pete’s sake.  Not my favorite mate.  Most of the women are strong and fight for their mates.  She was more of a disappointment for me.  She gained some points with me by the end but she was not a favored character for me.  I like most women of this series as they are tough, sassy and loyal.  Sera was not loyal to her mate in the beginning.  She had a lot to make up to me as a character and she fell a little short.  Loved the storyline of the book though.  Apollo and Kessar teaming up. Truly didn’t see that coming.  I can’t wait to read Illarion’s story next.  I give this a 4.5 out of 5.




No comments:

Post a Comment