Monday

Review: Dragonmark (Dark-Hunter, #26; Dragons Rising, #1; Lords of Avalon, #5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon



Dragonmark (Dark-Hunter, #26; Dragons Rising, #1; Lords of Avalon, #5)Dragonmark by Sherrilyn Kenyon
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I'm just so confused with this book. It started with a good story about a typical SK heroine. She's an outsider in her village. Has a Genie like brother and a dragon who wants to mate with her. There's all the things we love about the SK stories but then things get weird. Yes, I went there. We dive straight into the fey world, the DH world and all kinds of other story lines that are past, present and future. I think it's tying up threads from other books and laying the ground work for others but as a fan of SK since forever, even I was confused by what was going on.
It was nice revisiting all the books, worlds and characters but it's not what I was expecting. I was expecting a typical DH book with a main set of love interests story (Illarion and Edilyn) and but that is not what I got. I got a small standalone romance with them and another story that starts almost right away with another set of characters romance or retelling as some have said and more character set ups. Then we jump back to Illarion and Edilyn. It's quiet confusing and unless you've read at least the last few books in the DH world, you'll be completely lost. I've read them all and loved them all and I came out of the book with a headache, feeling like I needed the cliff notes as a reminder as to what the heck I just read.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment