Sunday

Review: The Tempting Touch Of Fire (Elemental Awakening #1) by Nicola Claire



Book Blurb

'Oh, this was sweet torture. To be this close to nirvana and walk away because I am coy. I closed my eyes tightly and swallowed down my fears. Theo wanted me. Like this. He craved me, in any way he could get me. Even if I wasn’t his, even if this all was torn asunder tomorrow, how could I not take the chance to feel this, to share this, with him? Even if just for a moment.'

For the past year Casey Eden has nurtured a crush on handsome, confident and slightly arrogant Theo Peters. For the first time in her life she's actually been able to flirt with a man. She even believed he was about to take their delicious flirtations to the next step.

But then things changed.

A pit full of dirt.
A preternatural world she never new existed.
And a fire of passion ignited deep inside her heart.

Now, they are sworn enemies, their attraction to each other a bitter-sweet temptation that will only lead to heartache in the end. But there is more for Casey to be worried about than forbidden love. Her world has been turned upside down and inside out, and now she has to find out who and what she has become. To do that, she must walk a dangerous tightrope between desire and reality. But reality for Casey includes a calling to the Earth and a longing for Fire, not to mention those who become aware of her will do anything to get what they want. And she soon begins to realise nothing will ever be the same again.

Buy Links

Toot's Review by Stacy Sabala

In the first book in the Elemental Awakening series, Casey Eden wakes up buried in dirt and wrapped in roses and thorns.  She has no idea where she is or how she got there.  She only remembers being on her daily run.  As she fights to free herself, she hears these strange voices in her head.  She allows them in and suddenly she is freed.  She makes her way home and then to her sandwich shop.
However something is strange.  She lost two days and her plants seem to be soothing her anxiety.  Then her crush enters the shop and his eyes seem to turn gold.  Casey is shocked and then his anger towards her shocks her even more.  She has no clue what is going on.
Theo Peters is a member of the Pyrkagia.  He controls fire and he is angry that Casey played him.  She is a GI and he can’t believe he didn’t know.  He thought she was human.  He offers protection to her.  After a time he realizes she is telling the truth and starts teaching her about her new world.  She is definitely someone special.  Things get dangerous when the Alchemists get involved.  The GI come for her and almost start a war.
This story took me a while to get into because I was confused at first.  Then when Theo figured out what she was the story started getting pretty interesting.  I was waiting for her to spit fire.  I was sad she wasn’t as strong as I was hoping.  I was wanting her to develop a spine sooner but it did eventually emerge.  The story was full of intrigue and betrayal.

Some of the decisions made in the story were shocking.  By the end I was pulled deeply into the story.  I couldn’t put it down.  The ending infuriated me.  I wanted to throw my kindle.  I am now wanting to read the next book.  I have to see what happens next.  I give this book a 4 out of 5.




No comments:

Post a Comment