Thursday

FREE BOOK Review: Faelorehn (The Otherworld Series, #1) by Jenna Elizabeth Johnson



Book Blurb

I never heard him come after me and even as I climbed the slope and stumbled onto our shaded back lawn, I didn’t look back. It was like the day the gnomes chased me all over again, but this time I was not escaping some horrible little creatures, I was fleeing from an incredibly good-looking guy who could very well understand me completely. I was either saving myself from that serial killer I always imagined lived down in the swamp, or I had finally gone over the deep end . . .

Meghan Elam has been strange her entire life: her eyes have this odd habit of changing color and she sees and hears things no one else does. When the visions and voices in her head start to get worse, she is convinced that her parents will want to drag her off to another psychiatrist. That is, until the mysterious Cade MacRoich shows up out of nowhere with an explanation of his own.

Cade brings her news of another realm where goblins and gnomes are the norm, a place where whispering spirits exist in the very earth, and a world where Meghan just might find the answers she has always sought.

Buy Links

Toot's Review by Stacy Sabala

Meghan lives with her adoptive parents and five brothers in Arroyo Grande, California.  She has always been different.  She is really tall and her facial features are different.  Her eyes even change colors.  She also hears strange voices and have dreams that freak her out.  Her parents have tried everything to fix her.  They think the voices and dreams have stopped but she just doesn’t tell them anymore.  At school she is considered an outcast but she has her group of friends.
One day she is walking home from school and encounters these gnome-like creatures that chase her.  Then she notices a raven following her.  When a strange boy named Cade saves her from hell-hounds her life changes.  Cade explains what is going on and who she really is.  He now must teach her to fight back.  He warns her not to trust anyone who claims to be from the Otherworld.  He leaves her to find answers.  Secrets are revealed and her life is threatened before the school year is over.
I liked this book.  Meghan and her group of misfits are just trying to make it through high school.  I liked these characters for their individuality.  Meghan gets quite the shock and handles it well for a junior in high school.

The story has a lot of action as Meghan is chased by Otherworld creatures.  You aren’t sure what will happen as the story moves along.  Meghan’s feelings are justified.  Her fear and heartbreak is felt by the reader.  The paranormal twist adds to the adventure the author sends the reader on.  Cade is mysterious and you aren’t sure what his motive is.  Is he truly there to help?  The author casts doubt as the story progresses.  It’s a great read! I can’t wait to read the next book in the trilogy.  I give this first one a 4 out of 5.




No comments:

Post a Comment