Sunday

Review: Going Under (The Blackhawk Boys #3) by Lexi Ryan



Book Blurb

If I met Alexandra DeLuca for the first time today, I would only need one word to describe her:

MINE.

She's everything she was when we said goodbye. Beautiful, stubborn, sweet...and off-limits.

After two years leading separate lives, our worlds have collided. Now that she's back home working and taking classes beside me, she's bound to make me lose my mind.

She's all I've ever wanted, all I've ever dreamed of, and the one thing I can never have.

Not because she's my best friend's sister.
Not because all four DeLuca brothers would come at me with fists swinging if I hurt her.
Not even because she's way better than I will ever deserve.

I keep my distance because we didn't meet for the first time today. We met five years ago when I was a different person. When my demons ruled me. Even though I've changed--even though I've gotten my life together and become a better man--I can't change the past. And the secrets that haunt me would destroy her.

But I'm not the only one with secrets, and when the truth comes out, I don't know where to turn. What do you do when your world washes away beneath your feet and you feel like you're drowning? What do you do when the woman you promised yourself you'd never touch is the only thing that can keep you from going under?


GOING UNDER is a standalone novel and the third in The Blackhawk Boys series.

Football. Secrets. Lies. Passion. These boys don’t play fair. Which Blackhawk Boy will steal your heart?

Buy Links

Toot's Review by Stacy Sabala

Alexandra Deluca has moved home after living for two years in Colorado.  She still thinks about the night before she left and the almost kiss from Sebastian Crowe.  She has thought about it for two years.  Now she is back and trying to move on.  Unfortunately she had no idea Sebastian has moved home also.  She will now be seeing him on a regular basis.
Sebastian is shocked to see Alex.  He thought she moved away for good.  Now he is going to the same school and working with her.  He doesn’t know how he is going to stay away from her.  He knows he isn’t good enough for her and he has to find a way.
Alex is still trying to cope with the death of her sister and the physical scars she has from the fire.  She still can’t bring herself to read Martina’s journals, even after four years.  Sebastian knows more about Martina’s spiral downward than he is letting on.  He is afraid to tell Alex the truth.  He feels he needs to protect her.
Alex has feelings for Sebastian and can’t understand his cold and hot feelings.  She is confused whether to date a new guy named Logan or wait for Sebastian to figure things out.  Of course things from the past can’t stay buried as all the secrets surrounding Martina come to light.
This book was full of complex relationships and real life issues that make things seem possible.  Sebastian has quite the past.  I was glad to see his character overcome the drug use.  The author really created a sad situation between Sebastian and his dad.  Then throw in Alex and Martina.  That relationship was complicated.  Twin sisters who were different as night and day.  Even though Martina died, the author gives you a glimpse into her thoughts and actions by reading her journal.  She was definitely a troubled girl.  The reader doesn’t understand until later.  I wasn’t expecting that secret.

Sebastian’s secrets were heavy and his guilt almost crushing.  The author gave him such a longing for Alex but torn thoughts about her.  The story was full of heartbreak, drugs and secrets.  It kept me guessing about Martina and wanting to shake Sebastian.  A great read.  I give it a 4 out of 5.




No comments:

Post a Comment