Thursday

Review: 72 Hours

72 Hours 72 Hours by Bella Jewel
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This will be a quickie review and a break from my normal ramblings.....
Story originality - 3/5 - I've read a few like this where bad people hunt innocent people in the forest like how humans hunt animals.
Heroine (Laura) 2/5 - hated her, wanted to smack the crap out of her for most of the book but she did redeem herself towards the end
Hero (Noah) 1/5 - had the makings of a good hero (sexy fireman) but when push comes to shove, he is utterly useless in a survival situation *head scratch*. All he seems to ever say is "Run!" And "Laura!". He's pretty to look at but a total douch.
Villain (4/5) - perfectly creepy and probably the most developed of the characters although he was a bit of a spoiled whiny brat at times and let his ego get bruised too easily. For being such a methodical hunter of people. I would have thought he would have read better with a "holier then thou" attitude rather than a spoiled brat.
Prologue makes no sense and I kept waiting for it to fit like a puzzle piece into the story but it never did.
Ending was a bit rote.
I think if Bella goes back and tweaked parts of the story (removes redundancy and prologue) and worked more on developing the characters, it has the potential to be a good book? Therefore, I'll give it a 3 because it didn't suck but I did get dizzy from my involuntary eye rolling and if I hear someone whine "Noah" or "Laura" or "Nana" one more freaking time though, I will hurt myself with sharp rocks and sticks made into spears.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment