Saturday

Review: Dark Alpha's Lover (Reaper #4) by Donna Grant



Book Blurb

There is no escaping a Reaper. I am an elite assassin, part of a brotherhood that only answers to Death. And when Death says your time is up, I am coming for you…

I answer to no one but Death. I am impenetrable, impervious, immortal. I exist to do Death’s bidding and no one–not Reaper nor human nor Fae–can stand in my way. Except for the bewitching half-Fae, Catriona. She swears the magic in her family passed her by, but I know better. This woman is strong. This woman is powerful. And when her abilities surge forth, no one will be able to stop the Dark Fae from coming for her. Except for me. I want to keep her close. I want to keep her safe. I want lose myself to her, again and again…

Buy Links

Toot's Review by Stacy Sabala

In this Reaper Story, Catriona Hayes is a Halfling.  So were her brother and her sister before they were murdered.  Now it is just Cat and her grandfather.  She knows that her time is limited and they will come for her.
Fintan is a Reaper.  He is working to stop Bran and find Eoghan.  When he comes across her he is intrigued.  He then comes up with a plan, using Cat as bait to finally stop Bran.  Cat is willing to go through with his plan to get her life back and save her grandfather.
However Bran doesn’t follow through as Fintan expects.  Something else is going on.  Bran wants Cat but he can’t figure out why.  He is determined to protect her.  His feelings grow as she treats him with kindness, compassion and love.
When Bran dangles her grandfather in front of her as leverage, Cat is torn.  She tries to keep Fintan out of it.  Betrayal cuts deep for Fintan as he tries to figure out Bran’s plan and what Cat can really do.  A major piece of the puzzle is missing as the Reapers face off with Bran.
I love this series and this author.  I have read many of her books about the warriors and dragon kings.  This new spin off series is just as good.  The Reapers are an awesome set of characters that are shroud in mystery.  Each story she writes about them reveals a little bit more.
Fintan’s story was shocking.  You don’t expect the direction it goes or those involved in the deception and betrayal that leads to Fintan becoming a Reaper.  I really like these characters and get invested in their stories. It is fun to watch them meet their equal.  They have no idea what to do with her when they do.  It’s such a new situation for the characters.  I love reading how Fintan and the rest figure out things as they go.  Fintan and Cat’s attraction was almost instant, both being as lonely as they were.  They seemed to see each other and bond.
Cat is strong and smart.  She has lived through her loses and went toe to toe with Bran.  She is a good warrior without any training.  Fintan is a warrior that has closed himself off from any emotion.  His duty and loyalty belong to a chosen few.  Together they make quite a team.

It was an excellent read and addition to the Reaper series.  I can’t wait to read more.  I give it a 4 out of 5.




No comments:

Post a Comment