Saturday

Review: Kept from You (Tear Asunder #4) by Nashoda Rose



Book Blurb

A first kiss that changed everything.

Killian Kane.
He was the most feared guy in high-school.
Guarded. Angry. A fighter.
But when I caught him watching me with his captivating green eyes I saw something more. Something protective and kind.

He warned me to stay away from him.
I did.
Until I didn’t and he kissed me. A knee weakening, body tingling kiss that left me breathless. And scared the hell out of me.

And then…
He warned me never to come near him again or next time he wouldn’t let me go.


That was eleven years ago.
We aren't teenagers anymore. He has probably forgotten me. He’s a famous rock star now. I’m a dance instructor with a broken dream and desperate for a job.
So, when we cross paths again I don't expect him to remember me.
He does.
And his warning eleven years ago? I'm about to find out exactly what that meant.


*Due to language and sexual content 18+

Buy Links

Toot's Review by Stacy Sabala

Killian Kane is trouble with a capital T.  Savvy is afraid of him.  He is intense and she doesn’t want him focusing on her.  However he already has.  Now he acts angry at her especially when Sculpt offers her a job.  Her anger and pride get the best of her when she agrees to do it.  The money is good and she needs it for dance lessons. When her life changes and she has to leave, Killian gives her the only thing she always keeps with her. 
Eleven years later Savvy finds herself sneaking into a Tear Asunder concert to talk to Killian, aka Kite.  She needs his recommendation for a job.  Killian is surprised to see her.  His feelings come flooding back but she is better off without him.  He refuses to help her get the job.  He doesn’t want her dancing in a club.
Savvy takes things into her own hands to get the job.  She is surprised to see Killian at the club, then more shocked when she learns he is part owner.  Killian decides to offer her a deal.  She can have the job for a month if she pretends to be in a relationship with him in public.  He offers her money to do so.
Savvy is shocked at the offer and wants to turn it down, but she needs the money.  She is pulled into his world that contains his friends, bandmates and his father.  She sees the control he has gained over his anger but the pain is still very much real.  She’s not sure what she wants and if he will let her in.
I love this series.  I have read every book so far.  These boys have come from such horrible home lives.  They are tough but broken.  Killian is a great example of having a horrible childhood yet overcoming it.  Then add Savvy with some of her own issues who becomes his saving grace for a second time in his life.
It is so romantic that he felt intense feelings for her when they were teens and never forgot her.  Then years later they come back into each other’s lives and he refuses to let her go.
Their relationship is deep and intense.  Savvy seems to be perfect for him and exactly what he needs.  She is tough and refuses to give up even when it looks like he does. Love her as a character.  She is my favorite in this book.  This is a great addition to the series.  The previous characters make appearances and you also meet some new ones.  It is an awesome read.  I give it a 4 out of 5.




No comments:

Post a Comment