Sunday

Review: Stupid Love (Stupid in Love #3) by Cindy Miles (NA)



Book Blurb


Bestselling new adult author Cindy Miles is set to capture the hearts of STUPID GIRL fans again with the grand finale of the Stupid in Love series, featuring Memory and Jace.


MEMORY 

Casualties. 

That’s how I refer to the guys who’ve had the bad fortune to fall for me. They only see long legs that they wish were wrapped around them, a cat-like smile, and the reckless abandon to take on any wild dare. It’s all a game to me. Show me a bridge, and I’ll leap over the side. Give me a car, and I’ll race it. Give me a heart, and I’ll break it. I always win. I even showed Death who was boss a long time ago. 

Or so I thought. 

Now, time is running out, and I’m losing fast…and big. I met someone. Jace Beaumont. He’s smart, and good, and I dream about spending days exploring the summit of his perfect lips. But, I’m a grenade. I know I should leave him be. I can’t. 

JACE 

Study, class, work, repeat. That’s all I have time for. At twenty-five years old, I have a bit more mileage on me than the average college freshman. But, that’s what happens when you spend your youth drinking, partying, and bagging girls like it’s a full-time job. Now, I have goals. There’s just one kink in my plans. Her name is Memory. She’s every guy’s dream girl. She’s intoxicating. She’s trouble. I want to stay away. I can’t.

Links

Toot's Review by Stacy Sabala

Memory Thibodeaux has one more semester at Winston. She is living life to the fullest, but she also has a secret. She survived a brain tumor as a child and cheated death. Now the fight is on again. She is now using an experimental treatment. Her father doesn’t even know its back. She refuses to tell anyone. She couldn’t stand how everyone would treat her if they knew.

The side effects from the drugs are causing problems for Memory. Of course that is how Jace Beaumont finds her. Getting sick in front of a cute guy is not her idea of fun. Then when her jeep breaks down she comes face to face with him again. Her interest is peaked and the chase is on.

Jace has no need for a wild, partying college girl. Memory is interesting but not what he wants. However she works her way into his thoughts and under his skin. He sees glimpses of her that he didn’t know were there. When he realizes that she is more than just the Winston Daredevil, he can’t stop thinking about her.

As they grow closer, Memory starts feeling more and more guilt as time goes on. She has a secret that no one knows about except her father. She knows that Jace will be angry at her when he finds out. She just doesn’t want to ruin anything yet. When she is forced to reveal what she is hiding her friends and Jace are shocked. Memory now has to face her biggest fear whether she is ready or not.

This series is awesome. I have loved every book so far. This one did not disappoint. Jace has a plan and is sticking to it until a whirlwind named Memory blows across his path. Her character is larger than life and she does what she wants. I liked her instantly. Her recklessness was not a favorite trait but an understood one based on her past. She also had a huge heart and I liked how she treated people. The author gave us a character that refused to sit on the side lines. She enjoyed life to the fullest. I liked seeing someone so young do that, instead of getting caught up in the stresses of life. The loss of her mother didn’t hold her back either.

It was fun to watch how Jace tried to fight it. He was no match of course. They worked well as a couple. The funny stuff she got Jace to do was great. The author created such realistic scenes that I could picture them in my head. I loved the singing in the back of the truck, the movie in the park and Memory’s interactions with Jasper. It was an awesome story of love, fear and living life to the fullest. I give it a 4 out of 5.







No comments:

Post a Comment